SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine—For author and wedding planner, Emma Arendoski, a handmade piece is special — it’s been crafted with love and care, which can’t be said for most mass‐produced items. When planning her own wedding, she discovered an abundance of beautiful, handmade goods, along with unlimited opportunities for customization in several online web sites. She was so inspired by this, she founded www.EmmalineBride.com, a handmade‐wedding blog, shop, and vendor guide reaching more than 550,00 visitors per month.
“Every day, I blog about wedding trends, do‐it‐yourself projects, and modern twists on traditional wedding customs,” said Arendoski. “I include photographs from real weddings, featuring couples whose wedding celebrations reflect their unique personalities. I have the honor of working with the best wedding professionals in the business, including artisans who create one‐of‐a‐kind pieces, wedding photographers who record the moment, and planners who turn wedding dreams into reality. I eat, sleep, and blog about weddings, and my career has become one of the most fulfilling aspects of my life.”
In The Inspired Wedding (978‐1‐4162‐0916‐4; $29.95), Arendoski has compiled her vast expertise into a comprehensive idea book featuring seven themes for couples who dream of making their wedding both personal and unforgettable. They include:
- Romantically Vintage ‐ Wedding trends come and go, but a vintage themed wedding celebrates classic elements and enduring details that bring forth the best of today and of decades past.
- Farmhouse Rustic ‐ A rustic wedding is homespun goodness at its finest. Immerse yourself in more than 150 ideas for a wedding celebration on a farm, in a field, or in the woods.
- Beach Bliss ‐ Sand, sunshine, and gently rolling waves ‐ what’s not to love about the beach? It’s no surprise that a beach‐themed wedding has become a popular choice for couples.
- Urban Chic ‐ For a couple who loves city life or dreams of getting married in a loft, rooftop, or inside an art gallery or museum, an urban wedding is for you.
- Traditional ‐ In love with time‐honored customs and rituals, this theme adheres to conventional wedding practices, just not all the time. Mix personal touches with fresh variations and one‐of‐a‐kind details.
- Free Spirit ‐ For a couple who won’t fuss over frills or swoon over soft palettes and are looking for something different. This theme goes against the herd and doesn’t play by the rules.
- Boho Style ‐ This style is expressed in a relaxed aesthetic. It’s pleasantly reminiscent of a bygone era of head scarves, gauzy dresses, and loose hairstyles. It’s a touch of floral and a pinch of ethnic, with a romantic hippie influence. Creativity and nature are celebrated in all aspects of boho style.
Each theme presented in the book offers custom ideas for topics such as invitations, the ceremony, attire, flowers, the reception, wedding‐party gifts, entertainment, the cake, and more. Each chapter concludes with a Resources section, providing the names and Web sites of the designers and vendors that were mentioned in the chapter.
The Inspired Wedding is an 8.75″ x 10.25″, 288‐page, hardcover book with jacket that will be published in September, 2014, and will retail for $29.95. The book includes 500+ photographs to illustrate unique touches and handcrafted items from real weddings. It will be available in bookstores and gift shops nationwide and through Sellers Publishing’s Web‐site, www.sellerspublishing.com.
Sellers Publishing, Inc. is an award‐winning publisher of books, calendars, greeting cards and journals. The company was cited for four consecutive years by Publishers Weekly for being among the fastest growing independent publishers in the country. It is located in South Portland, Maine and can be contacted at 800‐625‐3386 or by visiting their Web site at www.sellerspublishing.com.
# # #