SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine—According to a 2015 UN report, the global population aged 80 or older is expected to grow from 125 million in 2015 to 202 million in 2030 to 434 million in 2050. In 80 Things To Do When You Turn 80 (978‐1‐4162‐4610‐7; $16.95), a new book from Sellers Publishing, 80 notable achievers reveal how they have meaningful, dynamic lives at age 80 and beyond.
As editor Mark Evan Chimsky states in the book’s Introduction, “Now more than ever there is a need for this book, which gives people in their eighties (and older) an opportunity to be heard. They defy all the stereotypes of how our youth‐obsessed culture views aging, and reveal the ways, both large and small, that all of us can continue to make a difference.”
The essays in the book cover all aspects of life, including:
- Making Each Day Count
- Being Resilient in the Face of Change
- Challenge Yourself to Grow
- Do Meaningful Work
- Keeping the Creative Juices Flowing
- Staying Active
- Travel: What’s on Your Bucket List?
- New Directions
- Spiritual Lessons
Contributors to the book include:
• Donald Hall, an author, Poet Laureate of the United States in 2006‐2007, and 2011 National Medal of the Arts recipient.
• Pat Boone, a movie star, gold‐recording artist, best‐selling author, Broadway show headliner, and television star.
• Tab Hunter, an actor who starred in over 40 major motion pictures, and successful recording artist, with one of the top records of the rock and roll era, Young Love.
• Ruta Lee, an actress, dancer, and one of Hollywood’s most glamorous ladies. She appeared in such illustrious films as Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Funny Face, and Witness for the Prosecution.
• The Amazing Kreskin, a mentalist, who became an integral part of pop culture throughout the world, hosted his own television series, and authored 19 books.
• Caroll Spinney, who performs Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch on Sesame Street, roles he has played since the show debuted in 1969.
• Richard (“Mr. Debonair”) Dwyer, one of the great artists of theatrical skating who has performed for millions of fans.
• Dr. Ruth Heidrich, an author, speaker, nutritionist, talk‐show host, and triathlete, who was named “one of the ten fittest women in North America” by Living Fit magazine.
Thanks to the generosity of the contributing authors, all of whom provided essays on a pro‐bono basis, the royalties generated from the sale of this book will be donated to nonprofit organizations dedicated to preventing and curing cancer.
Mark Evan Chimsky has edited major best‐sellers, including Johnny Cash’s autobiography Cash, and he developed and edited 65 Things to Do When You Retire (Sellers Publishing), which the Wall Street Journal hailed as “[one of] the year’s best guides to later life.”
80 Things To Do When You Turn 80 is a 5.5″ x 8.5″, 480‐page, softcover book that retails for $16.95. It is available in bookstores and gift shops nationwide and through Sellers Publishing’s Web‐site, www.sellerspublishing.com.
Sellers Publishing, Inc. is an award‐winning publisher of books, calendars, greeting cards and journals. The company was cited for four consecutive years by Publishers Weekly for being among the fastest growing independent publishers in the country. It is located in South Portland, Maine and can be contacted at 800‐625‐3386 or by visiting their Web site at www.sellerspublishing.com.
# # #